We need you!
There are a number of ways you can volunteer to help Sustainable Warwick. Choose one or all, according to your availability and commitment level:
• Attend Regular Meetings – SW holds its regular meetings on the first Fridays of each month, at 9:00 a.m. in the Conference Room at the Warwick Town Hall; and on the third Wednesdays each month, at 7:30 p.m. in the Senior Center, both on Kings Highway, Warwick, NY. All are welcome!
• Become a Committee Member – There are a number of active committees in SW, which you can get involved in. We could use your expertise or another set of hands. Even if you are not able to make Regular Meetings, individual Committee Meetings are held at other times, decided by its members.
• Help out at an Event – SW holds and participates in various events throughout the year. We can always use help in setting up, breaking down, manning tables, posting, distributing information.
• Specific Projects – SW has a list of future and ongoing projects that you can learn about and partake in, such as the Orchard Brigade, which maintains our Community Orchard; the Annual Picnic in July; For instance, right now we are educating our community on the benefits of the Energize Warwick program. If you are a member of a group that you think would benefit from hosting a free presentation by an SW member, then that would be a big help to us! And, if your group is a Not-For-Profit, then you can also designate it to be the recipient of $200 donations if your members go through the EW Program. Read more about it!
• Get politically involved – Occasionally, some SW members will car pool to a county or state political event in support of a worthy cause that fits our Mission. The information is brought back to our regular meeting and shared.
• SW Website – If you have expertise or knowledge that you would like to share on our website, please let us know. We’re always up for helpful content.
• Offer New Ideas – Take a look at SW’s Mission and feel free to bring in new ideas, either by contacting us or attending a Regular Meeting, where you can share your idea. We have eager members who can give it legs, if it fits our mission. You can also e-mail your suggestion.